February 12, 2009

valentine

you probably know that Valentines’ Day is coming up. it’s a commercial holiday, one made for business purposes but I think the sentiments behind the holiday are worth noting.


I love you all , members of the great crafster community ... You are such a source of inspiration ...
I made some a few days ago and made a little tutorial for some of my friends .. I thought I should share it with you ... and participate !!!
these
bookmarks
are so much fun to make .. and they also are the type of kid - friendly activity I like ...



completely inspired by martha stewart :

incredibly easy & funny to realizable ...I am sure you have everything on hand ..those were quick-try prototypes made with recycling stuffs . and they turn out to be a lot more strong than I expected ... of course it depends a lot of the card board you use ...
I already see infinite possibilities ...
As a decoration you can use decorative paper, wrapping paper, paint ...

To make the joli coeur page keeper:

Create a template of a heart (or print martha's) and trace onto heavy to medium heavy (but still thin) card stock. you'll need 1 heart 100% size and one 80 % size.

1. design, choose / draw a background for jolis coeurs (I found it easier before cutting ... ) both sides .I like making variations that' why I cut small pieces ...
Trace your size A & size B heart shapes .

2. Cut out very carefully using scissors or utility knife.

3. add small decoration and laissez votre imagination parler ...just follow your imagniation and your creativity ...

4. embellish both sides

5. I applied a layer of glue .It actually protects and strengthes the "jolis coeurs" ... I made 2 of them without coating and they were a lot more fragile ..but it's up to you .You can use a brush , a sponge ...I found it easier applying it directly with my finger.
Then glue the higher part of the small heart to the larger one.

6. to make sure they will solidly and properly be sealed I used a very personal technique ... pressing the hearts with my 5 -kg weights..the very same ones I lift everyday (well ... almost) to get this incredible muscled body I am working on for years ... with lots of conviction & little rewards ...

and then TADAAAAAAA !!! you've got really cute bookmarks : unique, not only decorative but also convenient ...

Have fun and let me know if you make some ..I would be so happy to hear about it !!!!

1 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

trop adorables !!! bon boulot !!!

 
design by © { Sabine la Marquise des Anges } | 2009 / 2011 | Tous droits réservés