September 03, 2009

family table

I grew up in quite a numerous family (just to give you an idea, my mother had 8 brother and sisters, they all have a minimum of 3 children ...) I can't count the opportunities we had to spend great high quality time together ... I will always cherish the lovely family dinners we had together for every little occasion, sitting on a LONG table ( + a few indispensable occasional tables). My grand parents had a monastery table ... A very long (and very old & guenuine) table that can "host" more than 18 people ... I love that heirloom diner table .. That's probably why I have also grow a particular liking for long diner table ..

Here is a selection of what we can find here ...

image

Wood + metal table
Site : www.3suisses.fr


image

Natural wood table. Manually woven table, signed by Sacha Lakic for La Roche Bobois
Site : www.roche-bobois.com

image

Natural looking table
Site :
www.casita.fr

image

"key west" table, made of honey-colored oiled pine
Site : www.maisonsdumonde.com

9 commentaires:

FEDERICA said...

My fave is the last one, I like that rustic touch.
Maisons du Monde is one of my fave store, for my new home I bought so many lovely things!
Have a nice day.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I lovvvvvvvvvve long tables. I often take (2) 76" tables and put them end to end to create one long one. And a monestary table? *sigh*

andrea creates said...

Oh wow,lucky you, I remember large families were not so common in France :)
I am one of five!
I need a dinging room table for our new home, thanks for sharing~
Andrea

koralee said...

I am a long table girl as well...I love big family gatherings..my table is never long enough...these are all so lovely..thanks for sharing!

Swetha said...

All are looking gr8, i dunno which one to select

Swetha said...

And big families like yours existed only till my granny's time!! now its like a nuclear family!! i love big joint family

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

#2 is my 'family table' of choice!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

How lovely to have a large family! My Mom has 7 siblings, so I have many, many cousins. However, I've always lived far away from them, so sadly I'm not that close to that side of my family. Most of my husband's family live nearby, so I love the huge family get togethers.

I really like long skinny tables, but I never have quite the right room for one. I love everything about that blue wall in the first picture!

alexkeller said...

i grew up eating at a rather small kitchen table, but now we have a pool table with a custom top - it seats 12 and i love it! everyone's invited!

 
design by © { Sabine la Marquise des Anges } | 2009 / 2011 | Tous droits réservés