August 09, 2009

second celebration and a sweet story

LaurenReid-BdayGift-bird2First of all, thank you so much for your sweet comments on yesterday’s post … You are all so wonderful !!

It seems like the riddle about today’s celebration, raises a few questions , some of you proved a very fertile and vivid imagination, thank you for the great entertainment …. the answer was as simple as possible : today is … my BIRTHDAY !!!! :)



As you may know, each calendar day is dedicated to a Saint … Sainte Sabine is the 29th of August … I will have phone calls and maybe a few flowers on that date … that’s the tradition …
The 9th of August, the day I was born, is the celebration of SAINT AMOUR ….you all know what Amour mean (don’t you ?) . yep Element_birthdaycakeI was born the day of Saint LOVE … People often makes fun of me about this but JP always responds that “I was predestined” or …”fate is a good provider “.
But my favorite part of this anecdote is that a few minutes after I was born, a nurse mentioned we were the day of saint Amour, and my father actually considered switching from Sabine (a name he picked a few weeks earlier while attending a theater play in Paris) to …take a wild guess !!! …. Amour. I just love this family story, especially now, I love recalling these keepsakes. However , I have to be totally honest I am not sure I would have appreciated to make my first step in life with such a symbolic name… too much pressure on my wispy and fragile shoulders !!!
I just love imagining my very strict and solemn father envisaging for a short moment this possibility….

Before you ask … today I am turning …..

LLabarca-CirclesLife_Alpha_3LLabarca-CirclesLife_Alpha_4 LaurenReid-BdayGift-confetti-stamp

22 commentaires:

Bonjour Madame said...

I wish you a very happy birthday!

Rodney said...

Happy Birthday!!!

andrea creates said...

Bon Anniversaire Sabine!Pourquoi je n'ai pas pensee a anniversaire de naissance? :)
Bonne fete!
~Andrea

lesley said...

bonne fete sabine! i hope this year brings you much joy + happiness! sincerement, votre 'ame soeur' en canada, lesley :)

shoppingsmycardio said...

bonne anniversaire!! have a wonderful day, cherie!

Dee Wilcox said...

What a sweet story, Sabine! I hope your birthday was lovely! :)

this, that and the other.... said...

Happy Birthday Sabine and thanks for sharing the story!

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

Happy birthday, lovely girl!

Southern Girl said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

DolceDreams said...

Joyeaux anniversaire! You are so young, enjoy it!
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful story...Thanks for sharing!

Perideau Designs said...

Happy Birthday sweet Sabine! We shall celebrate together on the 29th. Enjoy your day!

Bridgett
xoxo

My name is PJ. said...

Happy Birthday, Sabine! You're still a kid, for goodness sake! What saint is assigned to March 5th? Where can I find a list of these saints? Thanks!

Sunshine said...

Joyeaux anniversaire, sweet Sabine! I hope it was a happy one!

alexkeller said...

bon anniversaire! i love both names - Sabine and Amour. my birthday is later this week - i wish i could visit France and we could celebrate with lots of cakes! (and candles - i'm a bit older than you!)

koralee said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! Enjoy your day and many many blessings to you all year long! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

down and out chic said...

have a wonderful birthday sabine, you deserve it!

naphtali said...

Bon Anniversaire Sabine !

jen said...

so sorry i'm late with this one: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a fabulous celebration!

julia kirsten said...

happy belated birthday my friend! i knew you were so awesome you had to be a leo too! we're only 9 days apart for birthdays, yay for august:)

The Cottage Cheese said...

Dear Sabine, I think I wished you a happy anniversary and completely missed wishing you happy birthday. I hope both were just wonderful :) !

joyefulart said...

Happy, happy birthday my new friend!! Enjoy the sweet day for a sweet person!
Joye

 
design by © { Sabine la Marquise des Anges } | 2009 / 2011 | Tous droits réservés