April 24, 2009

{ happy etsy day }

Today we officially unofficially celebrate Etsy.com. This initiative is born in the Etsy forum thanks to wonderful Schugirl. The concept is pretty simple .check out cara’s post for a wonderful and complete description .

3821-etsyday24

ready to print design by Anda made for Etsy Day!

There is a lot to do …With the recession ghost around us, we have a great opportunity to explain to people that there’s a need to go back to simpler times** ie. supporting artisans and craftmen/ women….
Personally I decided to act locally, as Etsy is not on every mouth here. Fortunately, basically my fellows are very sensible to the whole local production }{ mass production concept … If you live in South of France and you have seen a thirty –something blond girl, with flowers in the hair, wandering around with a big ETSY sign , and loud music to catch attention : that was me :)
part 1 of the mission accomplished.

part 2 : To celebrate properly I will distribute some pretty lilies of the valley (do you know a better way to catch people attention than flowers ??) in my neighborhood …

on progress

part 3 : I will make a few new items … this whole thing is giving me inspiration like crazy…

**to refer to the old good times, I auto-proclaimed my etsy day official anthem to be la noyée ( music of yann thiersen, soundtrack of the movie Amélie Poulain with the sweet audrey Tautou). It always gives me bonne humeur.

Come back later for, hopefully, a few pictures :)

1 commentaires:

Rodney said...

I can feel the passion in your mission. Stay with it my friend I believe it is one of the key elements to living a long and happy life.

 
design by © { Sabine la Marquise des Anges } | 2009 / 2011 | Tous droits réservés